Career Objective: What you are trying to attain.
- achievements are related to the bottom line: increasing revenue, containing and reducing costs, bringing on new clients, programs developed, etc.
- use bullets to display your achievements
- list them from your most current achievement to your least current
- keep descriptions in point form
- list differences you made to the companies you have worked for - what return on investments you have produced
- describe how the company has benefited since you have joined them - your bottom line contributions
- explain the new programs you have initiated and how these have increased the company's profits
- date of current position, name of company
- title of position held
- briefly describe responsibilities
- continue on for each job held for the past 10 years or so
- not meant to be a job description
- describe only key factual information, (i.e. clients gained, strategies implemented, etc), and the effects these had on sales increases, cost reductions and net profit gains
- ex: September 1995 - Present XYZ Company, VP of Marketing
- increased sales revenue of XYZ by 17% annually through new client acquisitions & development of strategic initiatives, sales tools & marketing programs
- achieved new sales ($1.7 million) for XYZ's European partners through presentations given to their clients in France and Germany
- generated new business for several agencies by developing distinctive building strategies for clients
- wrote business plan & created comprehensive operational budget based on benchmarks for operational expenses & performance in the industry
- negotiated approval to change & expand existing departmental structure to improve communication & productivity
- school attended
- dates attended
- Degree, Certificate, Diploma received
- ex: McGill University, 1988-1992, Bachelor of Engineering Science
- include computer skills, diplomas, completed courses, etc.
Interests & Hobbies
Available upon request.