Typically this is a spontaneous conversation where most of the questions have not been prepared in advance. In this type of interview, don't be modest since the interviewer may not think to ask you more relevant questions later in the interview. Without going off topic, use each question as an opportunity to extrapolate and provide examples of your relevant experience.
Most likely, they will include a combination of job related questions, previous experience questions and interpersonal skills assessment. Some common interview questions are:
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why did you leave your last job/why do you want to leave your current job?
- What are your major strengths?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What are your career goals?
- How are you best managed?
- How do you go about building a team?
- What qualities have you liked or disliked in your bosses? Why?
- When and why have you fired people?
- Have you made any mistakes during your career? If so, what were they? How did you fix them?
- What is the most adverse situation with which you have had to deal in your personal or professional life? How did you deal with it? What was the outcome?