In this situation, the Interviewer will ask all the candidates the same questions, with minor changes based on answers. This type of interview generally contains questions related specifically to the job and answers are scored or ranked. Sample questions for a Marketing Manager position might include:
- What is the current status of your marketing portfolio and what improvements have you made while managing it?
- Please describe an incidence where you brought real innovation to your portfolio.
- Please describe the largest marketing campaign, in budget and scope, you have personally managed.
- Have you ever launched a new product? If so, how many and describe your role and process as well as the outcome.
- Have you ever worked on a marketing initiative with a very limited budget that required real creativity and out of the box thinking? If so, describe the initiative and your role. What were the results?
- What is the most successful marketing campaign you have worked on? What made it a success?
- What was the most challenging marketing initiative that you have worked on? What was the outcome?
- Describe your level of interaction and relationship with the sales department at your current company.
- What experience have you had working with budgets?
- How many people have reported to you in the past? Describe your management style.